Providence Chapel – Resumption of Public Worship
In accordance with Government Advice in connection with the Coronavirus we shall be implementing the following safety measures.
1. Please do not attend for the services if you are suffering from raised temperature, new persistent cough, loss of taste or smell or other respiratory infection or if you have been in contact with anybody with Coronavirus in the last 14 days.
2. On arrival you may be asked to wait in the car park or on the pavement outside if there are numbers of people in the courtyard.
3. Please observe directions on the safety notices, and maintain social distancing at all times by keeping 2 metres apart.
4. The kitchen will not be in use therefore bring drinking water with you if you need it.
5. Please wash your hands before entering the chapel building or use hand sanitiser provided in the porch.
6. Sanitising spray and wipes will be placed in the toilets to clean down door handles and other surfaces after use of the facilities.
7. Disposable masks are available for you to use and located in the porch. Please take these away with you to dispose of after use.
8. It is preferable for you to bring your own Bible for use in the service, but Bibles and hymn books which have been quarantined for at least 48 hours are available in the boxes in the porch. Please return them to the box after the service.
9. Some pews have been cordoned off in order to enable social distancing. Please fill the seating from the front of the church first to minimise potential contact with others.
10. Doors and windows will be open during the service to increase circulation of fresh air. Please bear this in mind and bring suitable clothing!
11. Offering boxes will not be in use. Please ask for information about making offerings by bank transfer.
12. There will be no singing in the services and words of hymns will be read aloud from the pulpit instead. You will be able to follow the words from the hymn books.
13. At the close of the service, please exit a row at a time starting from the rear of the chapel. Please wait in your seat until all of the rows behind you have exited.
14. Please take all belongings and any rubbish with you when you leave.
15. Please do not congregate in the chapel porch or courtyard.
14. Attendees who are not regular members of the congregation will be asked to complete a form giving contact details in order to assist the government’s Test and Trace System.